Thursday 13 September 2012

THINK ABOUT ME- THE ARTFUL DODGER FT. MICHELLE E.

DECIDED TO have a 'Throwback Thursday' today. Nothing feels better than hearing a song and thinking "wow I haven't heard that in tiiime". That's exactly how I felt when this came on in my friends flat a while ago, and I get the same feeling whenever it comes up on shuffle on my iTunes.
The Artful Dodger were pioneers of UK Garage and 2 Step, but also had the ability to produce more soulful R and B style songs, highlighted by their production on Craig David's breakthrough album 'Born to Do It' (if you don't have that album or haven't heard it then something's wrong with you).
My 'Noize of the Day' is another example of a more R and B influenced track off their only album 'It's All About the Stragglers', and if you ever watched MTV Base back in the day, you'll remember this song straight away (ignore the cheesy pictures in the video):


There's also a classic garage remix of this that I was originally going to post but I felt the original was better. This is the link to the garage versionhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuKjrhMMdFA

1 comment: